Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The worker flea

I want to end the month of July on a positive note. Hence, I’m highlighting the monumental feat (at least in my family) of my brother, Kevin. Nicknamed “the flea”, he has leapt to become the first member of my household to gain full-time employment since dad passed away nearly two years ago. Today was his second day at work and his wide-eyed enthusiasm and fervor has been mixed with the exhaustion of getting up in the pre-dawn hours. If you look at this picture closely, you can catch those feelings in the wide smile and bags under his eyes:

From what little he has told me he has adapted incredibly well to the work environment, gotten to know several colleagues well, and has met the challenge of completing a flurry of assignments. It has been difficult after working from home for over a year and running at his own rhythm and style. However he’s busted his back in school and doing different projects to get the job that he so richly deserves. I’m very proud of him and hope that he will learn from this experience and it will be the start of a fruitful career.

No comments: