Monday, May 28, 2007

Quick Thoughts: Miss Universe 2007

* I cannot believe I’m watching this under my own volition.

* Nice to see a morphed Hollywood Squares scaffolding on stage during the first hour.

* I got an idea for a new pageant category: the just-got-out-of-bed-without-makeup-at-the-crack-of-dawn competition.

* Hosts on Telemundo > Vanessa Minillo & Mario Lopez > Billy Bush

* RBD: thank goodness for the mute button.

* Schadenfreude: Miss USA falling on her butt during the evening gown segment.

* I wonder who will be the first to comment on the undiplomatic booing against Miss USA– O’Reilly or Colbert?

Update: I’ll make it brief since I'm halfway out the door. I don't mind that Miss Japan won. She looked great and her final answer was spot-on. I would've like to have seen Miss Tanzania in the top 5; I thought she had the most natural beauty of the 15 finalists.

How much would you care to wager that it will be the last time Mexico City hosts the pageant in a long time?

No comments: