Monday, April 02, 2007

“Denial” isn’t always a river in Egypt

I have just sent to several of my closest friends a message that has taken me months to formulate. After I returned from Colombia in January one of the messages left on my answering machine was of the death of a very dear and amazing teacher I had in elementary school. I have not been as tough as I used to when dealing about matters related to death which makes writing the message so much more difficult. It hurts too much to fathom that she’s gone and I don’t wish to imagine how my friends react to the grave news I will tell them. However I must be responsible and deal with it and do the honorable task of informing them.

I regret not having the willpower to have called him, especially since my answering machine doesn’t have his message anymore.

I just don’t know how I will come to grips with this.

No comments: