Friday, September 07, 2007

Moz on the Great White Way

Image of Lt. Jim Dangle with his trusty Morrissey shirt on via RGJ.com

Last month I wrote about had expectations that the rescheduled concerts by Morrissey in New York would be reasonably priced. Instead to my chagrin tickets are being sold in the presale at $65 a seat. Hence, I would not push for going to one of his gigs.

But a few moments ago I read something on NME.com that caught my attention:

"A 'We Will Rock You'-style musical based on Morrissey's songs is currently in the works.

The idea has been conceived by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, who both starred in 'Reno 911!'...Lennon told New York Metro: "I have an outline in my head, like 'Mamma Mia'- type musical but with them music of Morrissey called 'I've Changed My Plea To Guilty'. It's for a very diehard set of fans."

Oh yes!

If musicals on ABBA and doo-wop music can gain prominence on Broadway than so can one based on Mozzer. More so if it's co-written by such a great writer and huge Moz fan as Lennon is.

I will be on the lookout for when and where the musical opens. I don't know how, but I will somehow find cheap tickets for that musical since I wouldn't want to miss it at all!

No comments: