Monday, October 23, 2006

The shittiest week of the year

You know how there are some days that go so wrong that by the end you mutter something to the extent of "I should've stayed in bed"?

That was what I said every day over the past week.


Frayed and broken wires meant that the Internet connection at home was nonexsistant for over a week until just a few hours ago. Either way I could have gone to NYU to use the computer labs and perhaps make a date with a friend or two. Maybe I could take C. out to lunch at the United Nations for Greek Week since part of her family is from there. Certainly Venegas would not mind if I took her out for dinner and a movie at the Film Forum. That would be quite nice.

Instead a stomach virus hit me on Tuesday and for several days the most that I moved around was between my bed and the bathroom.
By the weekend I was feeling rather stir crazy and couldn't handle more time-wasting activities like organizing mail from the past 5 years or watching daily re-runs of Keeping Up Appearances. Surely sports would help aleve my slight insanity.

Wrong and wrong.

So now I have a lot of catching-up to do. I sincerely doubt that this week could be any worse.


Here's hoping for the best.

No comments: