Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tidbits: “Here’s where the story ends” edition

Automat by Edward Hopper (my favorite painting of all time) via this site

Lately, I haven’t been in the mood to type up 800-word posts on my failures with the fairer sex or live-blogging soccer matches. Thus here are several links I’ve found lately that have caught my eye. (Some of these links I’ve found from other blogs but I forgot to record where I got them from. I apologize for that).

  • It’s so nice to see that the MSG television network has rescinded on its pledge to show the last 3 Red Bulls regular season games live. Yes it’s better to have something than nothing (at least for 2 of those games) but it’s still a cruel reality that soccer has to take a back seat. Oh well.
  • Just another reason why I adore watching BBC America (aside from repeats of “The Avengers” and “Whose Line…” as well as nightly airings of the “BBC World News.”)
  • I will never ever forgive myself if I miss the Edward Hopper exhibition at the Whitney.
  • Must...buy...tickets!
  • It would be very interesting to note if there’s any sizeable increase in U.S. aid to Guatemala in case the Central American country wins its bid for a U.N Security Council next year.
  • Speaking of the U.N., maybe I should call up and see if there are still reservations available and invite one of my friends for lunch.
  • Please, oh please let’s hope that an official DVD of The State can be made and sold soon.
  • I’m a little shocked to read that tickets have not sold out for the conversation with Gustavo Santaolalla event at The New Yorker Festival next month.
  • “I did not knowingly take steroids, sir. Period. Snoopy gave me something to make me throw harder, but he said it was flaxseed oil and vitamin drops”.
Well that’s all I got for now. I’m off tomorrow for three different appointments. Hopefully I’ll post something in about 24 hours time.

No comments: