Thursday, September 07, 2006

Trying to stay afloat

Funeral by Myrhlyn Mcfay (via this site)

I've been AWOL over the past few days from posting here as I've been in a bit of a rut over the first anniversary of my dad's passing away coming up this Sunday. I've already passed the point of denial and accepted that it occured. Yet this does not take away from the sadness that still weighs hevay on me. My motivation has been minimal, except for some posting on
The Latin Americanist and getting a few light errands done like grocery shopping and doctor's appoitments. I guess I should continue taking things day-by-day and little-by-little as I have been doing for the most part over the past year.

So while I try my damndest to get out of this funk I'll link to the following YouTube vids that have caught my eye:

* (via Metafilter) an absolutley lovely cartoon set to a 1960s French love song- "A quoi ça sert l’amour?"

* the music video for one of my favorite songs which has helped boost me a bit every so often over these past few days- "Black and White Town" by the Doves

p.s. I just found this article via Hispanic Tips on the difference in the messages behind eulogies in English and Spanish. I can closely relate to the article since I gave the eulogy at my dad's memorial mass last month in Spanish and English, though I didn't modify the message in either version.

,

No comments: