Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hush

I left around dawn this morning to go to NYU and conduct some last-minute thesis research. As I strolled around campus, there seemed to be an eerie quiet that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It seemed like yesterday that the semester started with the usual hullabaloo and activity indicative of NYU. Now it's quiet, more subdued. I couldn't help but think at how odd it was feeling, but it's probably just the fact that I'm rarely on campus and I spend weeks on end reading, writing and typing from home.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with one of my thesis readers, so I definitely want to make sure I don't hand in a crappy report. I have about two weeks left to finish it and have it approved by both my readers and I definitely want to keep any errors to a minimum.

Commencement is one day short of a month away. I can't imagine at how the day will be and in the end how relieved I will feel to put over three years of hardship behind me. It has not been all bad, particularly putting into account those that have helped me and seen me improve on so many levels. Yet I seriously doubt I'll leave NYU on the happiest of terms with the warmest of memories.

In the meantime, I will have to be content with the only loud noises around- the many thoughts and ideas that run around in my mind. At least they make more sense than pondering about the silence around campus.

No comments: