Tuesday, June 20, 2006

T-minus 44 hours, 07 minutes, and whatever seconds

The countdown to the U.S.-Ghana game has been in my mind since yesterday.

Needless to say I want the U.S. to go through to the round of 16 though I would be okay if they were to bow out playing strong and contrary to their first game loss 8 days ago.

In the meantime, I’m preparing for the last Group B matches today. I don’t think England has to beat Sweden convincingly much like the Germans did this morning against Ecuador since it would be wise to prepare their starters for the next round regardless of who England’s opponent will be. With all due respect to the Swedes, I would like to see the “Soca Warriors” qualify for the next round even if it means getting blown out against the Germans.

Mercifully I’m not betting on any of these games or else I would owe some bookie my first-born child. (Yes, I was the idiot the prognosticated a 3-0 shutout of Germany against Costa Rica, a 1-1 tie between Spain and the Ukraine, and a 1-0 Aussie upset over Brazil).

Okay, back to the couch to exercise my thumb on the remote control’s recall button.

No comments: