Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Optimism

I feel strangely fine for someone set to make a big speech in approximately 12 hours.

I really ought to be shaking in my boots and more high-strung than normal. Yet I am quite confident in what I will say.

Mind you I still don’t know exactly what I will say.

However my confidence as at an all time-high. At approximately 1 in the afternoon I will say a few words thanking the charity that helped pay for most of my undergraduate tuition and show my gratitude to the people that somehow take time and energy out of their busy schedules to raise money for young people in the U.S. and Ireland.

It will be quite a lovely occasion, I’m sure.

After the luncheon I’m off to the Wasserman Center for a job information workshop, and then I’ll fight the masses commuting from the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony in the evening.

Knowing me I’ll probably be a nervous wreck by the time I am supposed to speak. But until that happens I’ll be a perfect pillar of poise. Period.

No comments: