Thursday, April 24, 2008

De Musica Ligera: Spring Cleaning

*Cough!* *Cough!* *Cough!*

Pardon me; I’m trying to clean up some of the dust and cobwebs that have accumulated on this abandoned blog.

One would assume that by blogging here several times a week I would also keep my personal blog up-to-date. Alas, that has not been the case.

I won’t get into why that us the case; I’m not in the mood to do so now. To be more precise, it’s not that an abundance of good things have occurred to me lately. Rather, I’m getting a little tired of constantly whining and bitching.

Instead of embedding videos or complaining about how I need to be better organized I’m going to share the first five songs on my iPod/iTunes player. Last night, I chose nearly 150 songs by several artists and after shuffling them this is the exact order of numbers 1 to 5 on the playlist:

  1. Guess Who - She's Come Undone
  2. Cinematic Orchestra – Burnout
  3. Brief Candles - The Patron Saint of Hopeless Cause
  4. A.C. Newman - Homemade Bombs in the Afternoon
  5. Controller.Controller - Magnetic Strip (Live 2004)

I can’t explain why, but those songs seemed to be the perfect mix to pick me up after a rough day yesterday. Might as well enjoy them and leave certain things unexplained.

No comments: