Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Excuses, excuses

Thanks for making me miss yet another appointment, Access-A-Ride. (image source)

Sorry for not continuing my posts on my 6-week trip to Colombia. Yesterday I was too busy typing up posts for The Latin Americanist as well as running small errands on-line like checking dozens of e-mail messages and taking care of my bills. Today I was in a very good mood but that was dashed to bits on account that Access-A-Ride (AAR) screwed me over and never picked up me up for a pair of doctor's appointments. (Naturally that upset me for several reasons including the fact that the appointments were important and I missed the chance to flirt with the dental assistant like I tend to do when I get my teeth cleaned). For that matter, I'm still pissed off since I've had my share of problems with AAR over the past decade. However I will not get into detail over my many woes with AAR and I'll leave that for another post.

Hence, I'll post the second and final part of the "Palmero Diaries" tomorrow when I'm a little more calm and in the mood to be nostalgic.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this late December story from Gothamist of a hit-and-run accident caused by an AAR van. (Surprise, surprise)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats why jeebus invented the reduced fair metrocard